15 October 2015
National Science Learning Centre, York YO10 5DD
Awards and bursaries
Teachers or technicians working in state-funded schools and colleges in the UK are eligible for these bursaries which can be used to contribute towards the cost of professional development activities provided through the National Science Learning Centre.
£551.00 plus VAT
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will be able to:
- develop awareness of ICT resources available to support the KS1 maths and English curriculum
- gain ‘hands on’ experiences of ICT hardware and software that can be used to support learning
- cross reference schemes of work to see the influence that ICT can have on current planning.
We will begin the two-days by looking at the equipment and software that is available to support learning in school. Over the first day, we will look at the planning of your own curriculum and how ICT can be used to enhance it. The second day will take a more
‘hands on’ approach to discovering the uses of ICT. Using a combination of mobile devices, online content, hardware and software we will discover a range of ICT activities that can be used to strategically enhance your maths and English lessons. For example:
- sharing online content through QR codes
- using a green screen for filming
- using ICT to capture and snapshot learning
- developing speaking and listening through ICT
- using programming to support the delivery of geometry
- finding and using maths specific online content and software effectively
15 October 2015
10:00 to 19:00 - Day 1
16 October 2015
09:00 to 15:30 - Day 2
your place today.