The National Literacy Trust’s innovative programme Premier League Reading Stars harnesses children’s passion for football to boost results in reading.
Our enhanced ten-week literacy intervention for 2015-16 includes NEW resources.
Premier League Reading Stars
Welcome back! We hope you had a lovely summer.
Is improving literacy attainment part of your School Improvement Plan? The National Literacy Trust’s innovative programme Premier League Reading Stars harnesses children’s passion for football to boost results in reading and writing.
Find out more
NEW SEASON. NEW OFFER. SIGN UP HERE for 2015-16.
Our enhanced ten-week literacy intervention for 2015-16 includes NEW resources to support your staff and inspire your pupils. In our 2014 evaluation we noted a strong increase in reading attainment, with 3 out of 4 pupils reading levels increasing by 6 months’
or more. Our 2015 evaluation highlights attitudinal improvements:
- Children who took part in PLRS activities were significantly more likely to enjoy reading at the end of the project. The number of children who enjoy reading very much increased by 75%
- The increase in reading enjoyment was particularly notable for boys and those on Free School Meals. 65% of children receiving FSMs enjoyed reading after the programme; up from 37%. There was a 74% increase in the number of boys
who enjoy reading.
Sign up here for this enhanced PLRS
programme - £300 per school
for the new season. As existing National Literacy Trust Network members Bradford schools will receive a £40 discount. In the next week you will be receiving your Network sign-up letters that will include your membership
number. You will need this number to activate your discount when you register.
Staff training sessions – held regionally across England, Sept-Nov (The Bradford training session will be held on the 6th October at Valley Parade. Once you have signed up for a pack you will be sent an email inviting you to the
session at Valley Parade).
The NEW Season PLRS offer includes ALL these inspiring resources:
- Entry to NEW National PLRS Competition with the chance for pupils to win tickets to Premier League matches
- NEW - 20 books specially chosen to appeal to reluctant readers including the brand-new Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School in hardback!
- NEW - Access to our updated website with interactive challenges, competitions and quizzes
- NEW - National Literacy Trust Network
membership for 12 months. Includes literacy inspiration and our NEW
2015-16 Literacy Review tool to audit your school provision
- Author events with a range of venues, dates and authors
- New-season resource pack for 20 children, including teacher’s manual, children’s activity books, certificates, stickers and posters
Recommended reading list for 2015-16 including access to the best of football-related reading online
Find out more- PLRS@literacytrust.org.uk