This new Ofqual regulated combined three day course is ideal for settings who need both Paediatric First Aiders and First Aid at Work First Aiders. This newly developed course enables attendees to gain TWO regulated qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
By combining the shared aspects of the two qualifications, learners can save TWO DAYS away from the workplace and totally remove duplication in training. If taken separately, these two qualifications take five days to achieve, but by delivering combined
assessments, covering adult and child first aid protocols alongside each other and slightly extending the training day, you can reduce valuable time away from the workplace and the cost of replacement staff cover.
This course is ideal for:
- Settings that have a requirement for both Adult and Paediatric First Aiders
- Workplaces that have children visiting/using the premises
- Childcare workers who value receiving extra training in adult first aid protocols (including adult specific conditions such as heart attack)
- The qualification may also be used as evidence for those working towards an NVQ in Child Care and Education (Level 3)
The course syllabus has been designed in accordance with the UK resuscitation guidelines and meets the requirements of:
- Health and Safety Executive (First Aid at Work) Act
- Ofsted / DfE
- Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
- Sure Start
- NVQ in childcare and education
Assessment, Certification and Requalification:
- Students will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge, so that they can deal promptly and competently with situations that may arise when caring for children and babies.
- Learners are continuously assessed throughout the course.
- Successful Learners will receive TWO certificates, one for each qualification.
- Certificates are valid for three years and can be renewed by re-attending this course.
It is the responsibility of the individual and/or their manager to ensure that this requirement is complied with.
HSE guidelines state that employers “should ensure” that all qualified first aiders “remain competent to perform their role”. In order for employers to meet this requirement, it is recommended that first aiders attend the Annual 3 Hour Refresher First Aid
Bradford Council Employees – Free
Early Years, Childcare and Play settings (including nursery schools and children’s centres) - £200 per person
Schools that purchase Bradford Council's HR Traded Services - £200 per person
Schools that do not purchase Bradford Council's HR Traded Services - £255 per person
Voluntary sector - £200 per person
All other organisations - £255 per person
Dates and venue:
11th, 12th and 13th November 2015 @ Fairfax Learning & Development Centre, Flockton Road, BD4 7RY - (9.00am – 5.30pm)
13th, 14th, and 15th January 2016 @ Fairfax Learning & Development Centre, Flockton Road, BD4 7RY - (9.00am – 5.30pm)
8th, 9th, and 10th March 2016 @ Fairfax Learning & Development Centre, Flockton Road, BD4 7RY - (9.00am – 5.30pm)
4th, 5th, and 6th May 2016 @ Fairfax Learning & Development Centre, Flockton Road, BD4 7RY- (9.00am – 5.30pm)
Please note you must attend all 3 days to complete the course and receive your certificate. Non attendance on any 1 day will result in you having to attend the full course again.
To book places
Please complete the booking form on the link below.
Link to the Workforce Development Booking Form
If you have any queries about this course, please contact Workforce Development on 01274 434529.
*Due to the high demand for our courses it is important that you inform us in advance if you cannot attend. You may be charged if you fail to attend a course and do not inform us.