The Engaging Families award is a quality mark for schools and
nurseries who work with the families and the community to improve outcomes for children. The framework provides a structure which enables schools and their settings to demonstrate the value they place on the importance of engaging families in the educational
life and wellbeing of children.
There are many benefits to schools in completing the award, some of which are briefly listed below:
• To demonstrate and celebrate success in engaging families
• To evidence the impact of work with families.
• To develop and improve work by identifying areas for development.
• To embed and sustain work with families.
• To support schools in the self evaluation process and in providing inspection evidence for outstanding leadership and management.
• To provide evidence for the use and impact of the Pupil Premium.