They are also a key part of the overall system for school accountability. Governing bodies have a vital role to play in driving up school and pupil performance and ensuring that resources are used well to give every child the best possible education.
Schools need access to skilled volunteers who can offer expertise to the operations of a governing body.
- Interested in the future of our children
- Willing to give some of your time for free
- Able to ask questions and put forward ideas
- Have the interest, enthusiasm and commitment to make a difference
- Have specific skills or knowledge eg HR, Finance, School Improvement, Managing Meetings, Health & Safety, Data Analysis etc.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor and wish to find out more or would like an application form, please email