Mental Health Matters in Schools Conference is a multi -agency event, with keynote speakers of national renown, workshops on practical strategies to address specific mental health needs and information stands showcasing the work of local organisations. Book
early to secure places.
The Mental Health in Schools Strategy Group is delighted to announce the first Mental Health Matters in Bradford Schools Conference at the Bankfoot Mercure Hotel.
Dr Andrew Curran, paediatric neurologist, Alder Hey :
Using Neurobiology to promote emotional engagement and optimise learning.
Other people have said……….."Andrew Curran was brilliant both in terms of content and delivery - what an excellent role model for teachers!" ………"Inspirational breath of fresh air - not the same old stuff!"
Dr Gary O Reilley, Principal Clinical Psychologist at the Children's University Hospital, Dublin and Senior Lecturer and Director of the Doctoral Training Programme in Clinical Psychology at University College Dublin :
Pesky GNATS! Child Friendly Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) interventions for young people through the Pesky GNATS computer game and app.
Gianna Daly, Head of Clinical Services at Winston’s Wish, the charity for bereaved children and counselling psychologist:
Mental Health and bereavement, understanding and addressing the needs of bereaved children.
Workshops have yet to be confirmed and include:
· Sexualised behaviour in schools: Dr Nazam Hussain, Bradford EPT
· Building therapeutic alliances with vulnerable children, Dr Fameeda Ansari, Clinical Psychologist, CAMHS
· Narrative Therapy Approaches in Schools, Dr Penny Foff, University of Sheffiled and Bradford EPT
· Healthy Minds: Young People’s Participation in Schools: Nicola Swales, Participation Officer, Barnados
· The mental health needs of looked after and adopted children: Dr Nic Hawthorn Jones, Bradford EPT
· Self Harm in Primary Aged Children (tba)
Information Stands and Poster Presentations from Local and Regional Organisations
The conference will provide an excellent overview of perspectives and practical strategies to address a range of mental health issues, and to network with professionals and partner organisations across Bradford District.
Places cost £70.00 per delegate to include lunch and refreshments. If you have any queries, or would like to run a workshop or information stand please contact Philippa Grace, course organiser on email@example.com
We believe this event will be oversubscribed so please book early through the courses desk to secure your place.