This three day workshop is open to anyone working with young children (under 5) with additional needs /disabilities and their families.
It covers the core curriculum set out by the National Portage Association.
Completion of the workshop can be used as the first stage of recognition as a Portage Home Visitor for those who are already linked to local Portage services.
However the course would also be very relevant for Early Years Practitioners working in children centres and other early year’s settings.
The course will cover:
- The Portage Model
- Working in partnership with parents/carers
- Individual Education Plans – agreeing long term goals and writing clear teaching targets
- Helping children learn by the small step approach (task analysis)
- Specialist teaching techniques
- Play for children with additional needs
- Recording and evaluating children’s developmental progress
Pre-requisites: Experience of working with young children who have additional needs
This course is free to Bradford and district workers both council and external.
There is a charge for organisations applying from outside of Bradford.
Date and Venue:
Friday 9th, Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th January 2015 - (9.15 - 3.30) @ Future House, Bolling Road, Bradford, BD4 7EB
To book places
Please complete the booking form on the link below.
to the Workforce Development Booking Form
If you have any queries about this course, please contact Workforce Development on 01274 434503.
*Due to the high demand for our courses it is important that you inform us in advance if you cannot attend. You may be charged if you fail to attend a course and do not inform us.