The Keighley Youth Opportunity Fund (YOF) is part of the Early Intervention Grant held by Children’s Services and handed to each Area Committee. It is available to increase ‘things to do’ for young people organised from within their local neighbourhood.
The broad aims of the Funds are to:
- Give a voice and influence to young people, particularly those facing disadvantage, in relation to things to do and convey a powerful message to young people that their needs and aspirations are important;
- Change the way local authorities and their partners provide activities for young people, and increase the responsiveness of providers to what young people want;
- Provide opportunities for young people to develop their confidence, knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Enable young people to gain recognition and accreditation for their participation;
- Increase the well being of young people through their engagement in activities that have a positive impact on their development;
- Increase young people’s engagement with services and with decision making processes at local level;
- Offer young people the opportunity to develop projects that promote and increase entrepreneurial skills;
Applications must be completed by young people aged between 13 and 19 (up to 25 years for young people with disabilities).
Organisations must be working with young people in the constituency area with the support of an experienced adult to be eligible to apply. Applications from organisations and services working with the following groups are particularly encouraged: Looked after
young people, vulnerable young people and those at risk and NEET young people.
Areas within the Keighley Constituency include Craven, Ilkley, Keighley Central, Keighley East, Keighley West and Worth Valley.
The closing date for applications is 4.30pm on Thursday 27 November 2014.
For further information and an application form please contact Keighley Young People’s Centre on 01535 618191 or email