Welcome to the Portage Team's page, we hope it provides a clear overview of our work and any information you are looking for.
If you need anything further please email:
The Portage Team provide a home visiting and early education support group service for pre-school children with additional needs and their families.
Children aged 0 – 2 can receive Portage Home Visiting or attend a Portage Education group.
Children aged 2 - 3 can receive Portage Home Visiting or attend a Portage Eduction Group if not accessing their early education place. Children who are accessing early eductaion can receive 6 Portage Home Visits or attend a Portage Eduction Group.
Children aged 3 – 5 can attend one of our Portage Early Education Groups.
Portage works flexibly to meet the needs of children and families, if there is a medical reason a child cannot access their early education place aged 3+ we may be able to offer Portage Home Visits.
Bradford Portage is a registered service with the
National Portage Association www.portage.org.uk
The Portage Team have an open referral system via a Portage Enquiry Form for parents, carers and professionals.
The Team provides a service to children and their parents/carers, including:
- Partnership working with parents and carers
- Information and support to parents and carers
- Portage regular home visits following the Portage Early Education model through play based activities
- Liaison and joint working with other agencies involved with the child
- Training and support for individuals and for groups of staff including delivery of the Portage Workshop: A Small Steps Approach to learning for Children with SEND
- Support for transitions into settings, nurseries, schools
- Advice, information, completing DLA and/or loans of specialist resources
- Social activities for children and their parents and carers.
Alongside Portage Home Visiting we also run a number of Portage Groups around the Bradford District.
Please email Senior Portage Home Visitor
Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Margaret McMillan Tower
Tel: 01274 439500
Senior Portage Home Visitor: Janine Wood
Portage Home Visitors: Kerry Cawley, Wakhida Akhtar, Erum Iqbal, Lisa Haley, Lucy Rowley, Suzanne Palmer, Charlene Hamilton
Page owned by Janine Wood, last updated on 14/04/2020. This page has been viewed 7,939 times.