What are the evidence-informed best bets when it comes to Science teaching? On this three-day course, you will explore this evidence and implement the findings in your own context.
The recommendations of the guidance report we will explore are:
- Preconceptions: build on the ideas that pupils bring to lessons
- Self-regulation: Help pupils direct their own learning
- Modelling: Use models to support understanding
- Memory: Support pupils to retain and retrieve knowledge
- Practical Work: Use practical work purposefully and as part of a learning sequence
- Language of Science: Develop scientific vocabulary and support pupils to read and write about science
- Feedback: Use structured feedback to move on pupils’ thinking
Tuesday 5th March; Tuesday 30th April; Wednesday 19th June
The course costs £295 for all three days and will be held at Dixons Cottingley Academy. Schools can send an additional delegate for £75.