Bradford Healthy Minds Chartermark
My name is Dr Kay Tasker-Smith and I am the Lead Practitioner for the Healthy Minds Chartermark.
The focus of the Chartermark is to provide an opportunity for schools and settings in Bradford to showcase the development of their whole school ethos and policy with regard to mental health and emotional wellbeing based on a foundation of relational practice.
This means the implementation and learning of rules and boundaries is within a safe and secure relationship based approach for children and staff.
The Chartermark is based on eight key principles for mental health and wellbeing as recognised by Public Health England and follows the same structure as the Whole School Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Audit tool for Schools which is distributed through
the Mental Health Champions Strategy.
Benefits of undertaking the Chartermark
Alongside improving outcomes for children, the Chartermark offers opportunity for schools to gain recognition for outstanding practice within the Bradford District with three awards being built into the process:
Silver, Gold and Platinum. Schools achieving these awards will have expertise in social, emotional and mental health practice.
Recognition and Reward
On gaining each level of the award, schools will be able to showcase their achievements by:
- Receiving their award at a ceremony where the media will be invited to attend
- Receiving a formal certificate which can be displayed in school
- Receiving a bespoke trophy which can be displayed in school
- Receiving a banner which can be displayed on the outside of the school
Access to Support from Educational Psychology Service
Here is a summary of what support to expect to help you achieve your Chartermark; the key document will be attached shortly on completion of the graphic design.
- Level 1 support: Attach a completed ‘Chartermark Self-Assessment Audit Document’, data evidence including your updated SEMH / Inclusion / relational / behaviour policy to your Chartermark Registration Form. There will be a school visit from the Chartermark
Moderation team if your written submissions meet the required standard for the SILVER or GOLD AWARD, dependent upon your evidence. You do not need support from the Chartermark EPs as you have already embedded a whole school approach. Your assigned EP is there
to touch base with if needed. This is the ‘IMMEDIATELY READY TO GO FOR THE CHARTERMARK AWARD’
- Level 2 support: Attach a completed ‘Chartermark Self-Assessment Audit’ and ‘Action Plan’ to your Chartermark Registration Form. Be aware that it will take one year to work towards achieving the SILVER AWARD and you do not need to submit data based
evidence described in section 3. You will need light touch support from the Chartermark Educational Psychologists to help fill skill and knowledge gaps through signposted training and personalised advice, which may include school visits. This is the
‘HOPING TO GO FOR THE CHARTERMARK AWARD IN A YEAR’ level.
- Level 3 support: Please ensure you have attached a completed ‘Chartermark Self-Assessment’ and ‘Action Plan’ to your Chartermark Registration Form. The Educational Psychology Team will be in touch shortly to organise an initial meeting. Please be
aware that it will take one year or more to work towards achieving the SILVER AWARD and you do not need to submit data based evidence described in section 3. You will need targeted support from the Chartermark Educational Psychology Leads that includes school
visits plus access to training. This will mean you can access up to 3 sessions of direct support, live or virtual, from your assigned EP. This is the
‘HOPING TO GO FOR THE CHARTERMARK AWARD IN A YEAR OR TWO’ level.
Contact email: EmotionalWellbeingChartermark@bradford.gov.uk
Page owned by Ruth Dennis, last updated on 17/09/2021. This page has been viewed 76 times.