Early Years Inclusion Panel
What does it do?
It is the expectation of the Local Authority that providers work positively to ensure that they are offering inclusive services which meet the needs of all the children in their care. However, it is recognised that additional support may on occasion be required
to enable providers to improve the quality of care they offer for children with special educational needs and disabilities or who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). An EHCP may provide funding to settings, so EYIP may not be applicable in this
The Early Years Inclusion Panel is convened by the Department of Children’s Services and meets on a monthly basis to allocate Early Years Inclusion Funding to enhance staffing levels within PVI settings or 2 year old early education provision in schools.
The panel is chaired by a Senior Manager from the Local Authority, who has voting rights and the authority to make the final decision on a request.
Who is it for?
Early Years Inclusion Funding is available to support access to the early education offer for pupils with SEND in the PVI sector and 2 year old early education provision in schools.
Criteria for Early Years Inclusion Funding:
- The provision is registered with Ofsted on either the Early Years Register or the Childcare Register or is legally exempt from this registration.
- The child is a resident of Bradford (parents/carers pay Council tax to Bradford Metropolitan District Council.)
- Priority will be given to Looked After Children.
- The child is attending the setting for their free entitlement and/or the provider is in receipt of nursery education funding/2 Year Old Early Education for the named child.
- The level of support requested reflects the needs of the child.
- There is evidence that a graduated response has taken place, with evidence of a clear review process.
- The parent/carer of the child has been a partner in the whole process.
- Where appropriate an EA1 Notification from Health has been received for the child.
How do I access it?
Early Years Inclusion Panel funding can be accessed by completing a Request for Early Years 0-7 SEND
Pathway Services form. Parental consent must be obtained to submit a request for funding.
The Request for Early Years 0-7 SEND Pathway Services form should be submitted by hand delivery or by post (recorded delivery) to: 0-25 Inclusive Education Service, 7th Floor, Margaret McMillan Tower, Prince’s Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN
Or via secure Galaxkey email to: email@example.com
How can I find out more?
Contact the 0-25 Inclusive Education Service on 01274 439500.
Page owned by Fiona Whitaker, last updated on 15/10/2018. This page has been viewed 60 times.