Primary Behaviour Centres
Contact: Karen Roper - Primary Inclusion Officer
Tel: 01274 439333 or Admin on 01274 439328
City of Bradford MDC
Behaviour Support Service
Fifth Floor, Margaret McMillan Tower
There are currently four Behaviour Centres attached to mainstream primary schools; Willow (Beckfoot Heaton Primary), Silver Birch (Long Lee Primary), Phoenix (Carrwood Primary) and Horizons (Holybrook Primary).
The aim of the Centres is:
- To provide for KS1 and KS2 pupils for whom full-time mainstream education is a challenge owing to emotional, behavioural or social difficulties
- To offer full-time or part-time placements for children whilst on roll of a mainstream primary school.
- To work in partnership with schools, parent/carers and other agencies such as Health, Social Services and City of Bradford MDC, in meeting the needs of the pupil.
- To be part of a continuum of provision, re-integrating the pupil back into mainstream.
- A good practice guidance can be found here.
The conditions of placements in a Centre are outlined in the school agreement which is returned by schools on acceptance of placement
Referrals to the Centres are made through the Primary Behaviour Panel please see the Primary Behaviour Panel page for more information.
Page owned by Karen Roper, last updated on 30/10/2017. This page has been viewed 8,681 times.