Full details can be found on
Further Information about the Services we offer can be found in the
The Education Client Services (ECS)
Provides a full range of expert project advice, management and delivery support for educational projects:
- Delivering more than 30 school expansion projects which will create permanent new places to accommodate the rising pupil population. This uses DFE Basic Need funding. A further 24 schemes are being considered for future development. Spend on the expansion
programme is over £20m per year
- Manages the Capital Improvement Programme (CIP) from the DFE’s capital maintenance grant. This addresses major repairs to roofs, windows, boilers, structural and electrical. The Authority’s Facility Management team to deliver around 30 projects each year
valued at around £5m.
- Bids for funding e.g. the Priority Schools Building Programme (£50-60m), Targeted Basic Need (£16.5m)
- Manages and supports special projects e.g. the Outdoor Centre redevelopment scheme, the 2 Year Old Offer and Universal Infant Free School Meal capital projects with a combined value of £5.7m
- Contract Manages Private Finance Initiative (PFI) projects delivered under the Busing Schools for the Future programme over 25 years and valued in excess of £1.5 billion.
CURRRENT TRAINING WORKSHOPS
Grant Funding Training for Schools
Darren Starkey is an expert in competitive bid writing and grant management, who has helped to secure over £475million with a 99.9% success rate. The Workshop offers delegates essential knowledge, tools, tips and strategies with practical hands-on experience
of bid writing for £150.00 + VAT (PACT HR schools get a 20% Discount). Numbers are limited to 12 so book early to avoid disappointment!
1. Friday 17th November 2017: 8.30 to 3.30pm in MMT Bronte Conference Room
2. Friday 9th February 2018: 8.30 to 3.30pm in MMT Bronte Conference Room
3. Friday 11th May 2018: 8.30am to 3.30pm in MMT Bronte Conference Room
To Book: Use the School Grant Workshop Booking
Link (you will need to register, but there are hundreds of learning opportunities in there and you may get access to some free courses). If you have any questions call Darren on 01274 437366...or if you have any problems booking call the Workforce Development
Unit on 01274 434503.
Feedback from recent courses: ‘Brilliant course. So much knowledge, generously shared’, ‘I feel confident now looking into and applying for grants & funding’.
For more infomration see our
grant funding page and course
How to Manage School Capital Projects
Clarify legal obligations assigned to school Governors, Heads and Business Mangers
Focus on managing construction and maintenance work on school sites safely
Help schools to avoid taking unnecessary risks and avoid making costly mistakes
How to fund, manage and control school building projects
Help schools to understand the need for proper project planning
Sign posting to the right experts and professionals to support project development
The workshop will be interactive with time for discussion, questions and answers
Capital Projects – School Staff
1. Tue 14/11/2017 14:00 - 16:30 in Room 104 MMT
2. Wed 07/02/2018 14:00 - 16:30 in Keighley Town Hall, Brigg meeting room
3. Thu 03/05/2018 14:00 - 16:30 in Room 104 MMT
To Book: Use the Capital Training Workshop Booking Link (you will need to
register, but there are hundreds of learning opportunities in there and you may get access to some free courses). If you have any questions call Darren on 01274 437366...or if you have any problems booking call the Workforce Development Unit on 01274 434503.
Capital Projects – Governors
1. Tuesday 23 May 2017 6.30-8.30 at MMT
2. Thursday 2 November 2017 4.30-6.30pm at Eastwood
3. Tuesday 13 March 2018 6.30-8.30 at MMT
To book a place, please email your details to email@example.com or Evelyn.Haigh@bradford.gov.uk