Outdoor Education Centres
Throughout the early part of the summer holidays Ingleborough Hall is running
family caving sessions. The price is £15 per person and is suitable from age 4.
Buckden House and Ingleborough Hall Outdoor Education Centres are run as part of Bradford Council's Children's Services and provide a varied range of Outdoor Learning opportunities for Bradford Schools. Buckden
House is based in Buckden village in Upper Wharfedale.
Ingleborough Hall is in the village of Clapham just off the A65 between Settle and Ingleton. Both about an hour and a half from the centre of Bradford.
The Outdoor Centres provide:
- Residential courses for primary, secondary and special schools following adventurous and educational outdoor learning programmes
- Day activities for schools, colleges and adult groups in outdoor pursuits, environmental education, and curriculum based activities
- Nationally accredited training and assessment courses for cave leaders (British Caving Association schemes)
- Personalised instruction in the technical skills of caving, rock climbing, mountaineering, and hillwalking from introductory to advanced level, suitable for pupils in Year 9 and above, college students, and adults
- Residential and day facilities for music groups, orchestras, conferences, and seminars
- Advice and training for teachers and others responsible for, or interested in developing, Outdoor Learning within their school
The Centres have small teams of dedicated instructors with a wealth of experience teaching in the outdoor environment. Both Centres are licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority to provide caving and potholing, rock climbing and mountain activities
including gorge scrambling.
Additionally, the Centres have recently been refurbished, which includes improved shower, toilet and washrooms facilities (with individual shower cubicles), and with the majority of bedrooms (staff and student) with en-suite facilities. Additional corridors
have allowed for smaller dormitories and greater flexibility with bookings. If you haven't been for a while, or are considering a first time visit, come up for a pre-visit tour of the buildings and grounds and discuss your programme requirements.
Contact Buckden House (e-mail
or 01756 760254), and Ingleborough Hall (e-mail or 015242 51265) to discuss your requirements.
Page owned by Lee Paskin, last updated on 12/07/2019. This page has been viewed 6,257 times.